[omniORB] VS 2005 - OmniOrb 4.1.4 Linker Issue

Sampo Ahokas sampo.ahokas at openttcn.fi
Fri Apr 23 12:26:49 BST 2010

On 23.4.2010 1:31, jklein at rockwellcollins.com wrote:
> I'm trying to build an application that is a mix between managed and
> unmanaged C++ with Visual Studio 2005 and omniOrb 4.1.4. This has been
> a trying task to say the least. Of course, all the CORBA stuff is done
> within non-managed code.
>
> I thought about static linking, but that is not an option with the
> /clr option.

We have been doing something similar, but with static linking. It's been
a while, but I believe you only need to modify the omniORB Makefiles to
use the /MD runtime for building static libraries. Then the linking
inside a mixed mode C++/CLI assembly works just fine.

I also vaguely recall a related, rather obscure crash/error in WinForms
GUI apps, which happened only with VS2005 build... VS2008 fixed it, but
there was a workaround for VS2005 as well. Post more details if you keep
encountering it and I can try to check if its the same issue...

Best regards,
Sampo