[omniORB] omniNames.exe (MinGW build) crashes on eg3_clt.exe run (part2)

Uwe Kindler uwe_kindler at web.de
Wed Apr 7 15:35:08 BST 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

BINGO!!! I installed GCC 4.4.1 for MinGW and did a complete rebuild of
omniORB and now omniNames.exe does not crash anymore when I run the
eg3_clt.exe example.

You saved me a lot of time and headache - thank you very much. Where
should I send your money ;O)

For all omniORB list readers that use MinGW:

It is not possible to build a working omniORB installation with MinGW
and GCC 4.4.0 (at least for me). Use GCC 4.4.1 instead.

Best regards,

Uwe