[omniORB] Error: expected primary-expression before "const"

Lakshmeeshk lakshmeeshk at tarangtech.com
Wed Sep 23 20:34:23 BST 2009

Hi,

While compiling "client" program, I am getting below attached error.

client.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':

client.cpp:67: error: expected primary-expression before "const"

make: *** [build/client.o] Error 1

In client.cpp program: [ I have attached the lines, where I am suspecting
error within this]

 name[0].id = (const char *) "Producer1";

 name[0].kind = (const char *) "";

 obj = ns->resolve(name);

              SysTrace::Producer_var producer =
SysTrace::Producer::_narrow(obj.in());

            producer->write(const char* data);

Could anyone help me on this?

Let me know if you need any additional details.

Regards,

Lakshmeesh