[omniORB] Deadlock on recursive invocation with SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL

Felix Nawothnig fn at drdannenberg.de
Thu Sep 10 02:27:43 BST 2009

Hello.

Looks like when doing an recursive invokation on a POA with the
SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL policy (with the outer request obviously being
performed in it's main-thread) omniORB deadlocks.

The reasons are obvious, and it might not be an actual bug (I really don't
care what the specs say about this, if anything) but as the ORB could -
theoretically - recursively dispatch incoming requests while waiting for
an outgoing one to finish I'm wondering what the developers think about
this...

Cheers,

Felix