[omniORB] ORB initialization with endpoint leaks memory if initialization fails

Bruce Visscher bruce.visscher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 11:55:20 BST 2009

>  I also
> don't know if it is valid to shutdown and restart an ORB according to the
> CORBA standard,

To be clear, this is not valid.  The ORB is a singleton and cannot be
reinitialized.  What I was talking about was whether it was legal to
retry CORBA::ORB_init if it exits via exception.

> but nevertheless I think it should be possible to terminate
> an application without leaks in case of an initialization failure (the memory
> leak is there even if you don't try another initialization).

If you truly terminate the application then you don't have to worry
about leaks.  Then you could pass in the port from the shell in a
loop.  This might be your only option.