[omniORB] sa_family compilation error on Sun 64 bit

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Sep 1 10:04:27 BST 2009

On Monday 31 August, "Tolar, Richard" wrote:

[...]
> It seems curious to me that we are using a Swap32() and ALIGN_4  on an
> 'unsigned long' - when an unsigned long is 64 bits in a 64-bit compile
> (which we doing).

_CORBA_ULong must be a 32 bit type. Something has gone wrong with the
configuration if it is using a 64 bit type for it. How did you configure
omniORB?  Did you perhaps run the configure script using a 32 bit
compiler, then use the build with a 64 bit compiler?

You must run the configure script using the same compiler and compiler
options as you will use for the build, because it uses it to detect the
word size.