[omniORB] Java client hangs on long CORBA calls

techy_bolek techy_bolek at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 23:01:52 GMT 2009

I have an omniORB C++ server and a Java client. The code has been stable and
reliable and not been changed for years.
Recently I started experiencing a problem whereby for very long calls (20
minutes+) the client never seems to receive the response and hangs
indefinitely. I know it's not a timeout issue because when I set the timeout
too low I get a proper error message. I have recently upgraded from omniORB
4.1.0 to omniORB 4.1.4 and thought initially the issue to be related to the
upgrade but I've re-tested against 4.1.0 and got the same behavior.
Any ideas would  be appreciated
Tom