[omniORB] omniidl does not generate code - I'm mystified...

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sat Nov 14 20:18:00 GMT 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 10:14 +0100, Frank Goenninger wrote:

[...]
> omniidl gets called like this:
>
> $ omniidl -bcxx flexio.idl
>
> Results are:
>
> flexio.hh:
>
> -X-X-X-
>
> // This file is generated by omniidl (C++ backend)- omniORB_4_2. Do
> not edit.
[... empty generated code...]

> What am I doing wrong ?? Any hint really appreciated.
>
> Environment:
> OmniORB 4.1.4, Mac OS X 10.5.8

omniidl thinks your IDL file is empty. I don't know why. The fact that
omniidl isn't seeing your IDL explains why it doesn't complain about the
errors in the IDL.

The empty generated code claims to come from omniORB 4.2 (the current
development branch), yet you say you are using omniORB 4.1.4. What
exactly are you doing, and how?  Give step-by-step details of exactly
what you have done.

> Oh, and yes, the Echo example runs just fine !!!

How does the way you are running omniidl differ from the way omniidl is
run when the echo example is compiled?  If the echo example works,
omniidl is clearly working fine.