[omniORB] Need to know the type of object reference using an object Id

Amit Kumar amitk at tarangtech.com
Fri Nov 13 10:43:23 GMT 2009

Hello Friends,

If we have an object Id, we can use " Object   id_to_reference(in ObjectId
oid) "  method to get the Object. After that we need to _narrow() to the
specific type of object reference.

My problem: I have two interfaces A and B. My need is that before executing
the _narrow() operation, I should get the type of the object reference so
that I can narrow to the appropriate interface type. E.g.

                  CORBA::Object_var obj = poa->id_to_reference(oid);

                   if ( reference type == type A)

                         A:: _narrow(Obj.in());

                   else if ( reference type == type B)

                        B::_narrow (Obj.in());

This is the nature of my problem. Can anybody suggest to solve my problem of
knowing the object type at run time while having only object Id known?

Regards & Thanks,

Amit