[omniORB] Python2.5 with omniORBpy3.4: assertion fails

Tomas Brambora tomas.brambora at nic.cz
Tue Nov 10 15:25:59 GMT 2009

Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 10:00 +0100, Tomas Brambora wrote:
>

>> Actually, running configure on omniORBpy finds Python2.6 (that's my
>> default) and omniORBpy gets installed as a Python2.6 package. Is there
>> any way of telling it to use Python2.5? I couldn't find it in the
>> configure script options.
>>

> That's why it doesn't work with Python 2.5. You can't mix binary modules
> between Python versions.
>
> You specify a different path to Python like this:
>
> ../configure PYTHON=/my/path/to/python
>
> Cheers,
>
> Duncan.

Thanks for the answer. However when I configure && make && make install
omniORBpy with Python2.5, it gets copied to the correct path
("/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/omniORB"), but import omniORB
in python2.5 shell still accesses the package for python2.6. Which
happens because my PYTHONPATH is by default set to
"/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/".
Anyway, this seems to me to be rather an Ubuntu issue - trouble with
multiple co-exisitng Python versions.