[omniORB] Python2.5 with omniORBpy3.4: assertion fails

Tomas Brambora tomas.brambora at nic.cz
Mon Nov 9 17:59:41 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 and generally use python2.6. However, the
production server runs python 2.5.

I've downloaded & make install'd omniORB-4.1.4 and omniORBpy-3.4. And
now when try to import omniORB in python2.5, I get:

omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application
using omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself.
file: omnipy.cc
line: 444
info: PyDict_Check(omniPy::pyCORBAsysExcMap)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'omniORB::fatalException'
Aborted

I've googled out that this used to happen with python2.4->2.5 migration
because of the exceptions using old class style classe as base, but I've
got problems with 2.5->2.6. Any patch available?

Regards,
Tomas