[omniORB] CommFailure::_raise("Orderly connection shutdown") and Mingw ?

eric et emilie emilieeteric at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 20:36:18 GMT 2009

hello.

I 've got a problem with my server.
sometimes a CommFailure raise in a omniorb thread.
i think this append in normal condition because CORBA 2.6 specif.
Trace show ""Orderly connection shutdown"
but the omniorb thread didn't catch it!!!

here is a part of the stack :

giopWorker::real_execute()
GIOP_S::dispatcher()
giopImpl12::unmarshalWildCardRequestHeader()
inputRaiseCommFailure(g, "Orderly connection shutdown")
giopStream::CommFailure::_raise()
throw CommFailure();
....messageBox Exception from windows

I used :
windows xp
Omniorb 4.1.3 in static lib  ( config strictly the same of sample.cfg unless
'InitRef' and Traces Options)
Mingw ( gcc 3.4.5) under CodeBlocks
wxWidgets based application

This exception append ( in ThreadPoolConnectionPolicy = 1) when the server
close a idle connection.
Sometimes exception raise ok .(I've got a number of traces following each
others   "Orderly connection shutdown ... CommFailure "
Sometimes  a exception is didn't catch.
I resolve temporaly this problem with some options in config:
ScanGanularity 0
inScanPeriod 0
outScanPeriod 0

But, it's not a solution: i didn't catch the CommFailure from
giopStream::errorOnReceive when a client crash for example.

I suspect Mingw and windows to not be fully compatible with exceptions or
like their sometimes exceptions raise ok. It's perhaps more than one thread
match the criteria to be close at at time.....

can i have some help.
Thanks