[omniORB] Problems in executing first Hello Corba Application

Igor Lautar igor.lautar at hermes-softlab.com
Wed Nov 4 13:51:19 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Wednesday 04 November 2009 13:44:11 Ekrem Karaman wrote:
> When executing server.exe following error occurs: "System Exception"
>
> When executing client.exe this error occurs: "This application has
>  requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. <WBR> Please
>  contact the applicationŽs support team for more information"
>
> I am quite sure that the environment variables are set propperly.
> There must be another error. Would be nice when somebody could help.

Check VC runtime. Did you compile omniORB by yourself? If not, then check with
which version of VC has been compiled. See if you have the same runtime
libraries (service packs make things complicated here).

Also check if you compiled for the same runtime, multi-threaded dll/debug dll
etc. You can find this in project settings. It has to match to the one used by
omniORB (I think its multi-thread dll for omniORB, but not sure, check omniORB
readme).

Regards,
Igor