[omniORB] Question: omniORB GIOP porting

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri May 8 11:27:14 BST 2009

On Thursday 7 May, Guangye Tian wrote:

> Can anybody give me some advice concerning the procedure on porting
> omniORB GIOP to other transportation layer, the C++ abstract class for
> plugging in new transport for example? Or could you please refer me to
> some documentation for this issue?

There is some out of date documentation in the source tree, in
src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/transport.txt .  It's generally correct, except
that it claims client-side final shutdown is not implemented, when in
fact it is.

Beyond that, the best thing is to look at the existing TCP and Unix
sockets transport implementations, in src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/tcp and
src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/unix

Out of interest, what transport are you intending to implement?