[omniORB] Win32 CORBA

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Mar 27 11:46:48 GMT 2009

On Thursday 26 March, Marek Cichy wrote:

> I finally created a CORBA server which works properly as a Windows
> console application (using VS 9.0). I have to create another one, but
> as a Win32 application. So, I just copied the code from one to
> another, and something works. My question are:
> Where do I have tu put ORB's initialization sequence in order to not
> to lose control over application window after call orb->run()?

Just don't call orb->run(). omniORB dispatches everything from its own
threads, so you don't need to call run() at all. (Unless you use the POA
main thread model.)

> Is it possible to initialize orb without command line parameters?
> ORB_init()?

ORB_init always expects some command line parameters, but it doesn't
know or care if they really came from the command line. It's generally a
good idea to give it the real command line, though, since that allows
you to easily turn on tracing and things like that.