[omniORB] Win32 CORBA

Martin Trappel 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Fri Mar 27 11:36:27 GMT 2009

Marek Cichy wrote:
> Hi all
> I finally created a CORBA server which works properly as a Windows
> console application (using VS 9.0). I have to create another one, but as
> a Win32 application. So, I just copied the code from one to another, and
> something works. My question are:
> Where do I have tu put ORB's initialization sequence in order to not to
> lose control over application window after call orb->run()?

It depends. You can either use orb->perform_work() interleaved with the
windows msg processing or you can run orb->run() in a separate thread
(which is what I prefer).
Note that it shouldn't matter in which thread you run your CORBA init
sequence as long as you run orb->run() in it's own thread.
Note also that you have to take a bit of care on shutdown. (Common
thread sync / wait for completion problems.)

br,
Martin