[omniORB] Return Struct o None

Antonio Beamud Montero antonio.beamud at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:11:15 GMT 2009

Hi all:
I've defined a struct, and a method that returns this struct type. The
problem is when I try to return a null value instead this struct. For
example:

idl:
struct SInfo {
     wstring id;
     wstring address;
     wstring tlf;
}

SInfo get_personal_info(in wstring name);

in python:
..
   def get_personal_info(self, name):
       if name in self.personal_dict:
          return SInfo(self.personal_dict[name]['id'],
                       self.personal_dict[name]['address'],
                       self.personal_dict[name]['tlf'])
       else:
          return None

If the name exists, all works well, but if not exists, the next error
appears:
omniORB.CORBA.BAD_PARAM:
ORBA.BAD_PARAM(omniORB.BAD_PARAM_WrongPythonType, CORBA.COMPLETED_MAYBE)

I've tried with None, Corba.types.NoneType and CORBA.Object._nil
        , but the same error.

Thanks.