[omniORB] environment variables vs. config file

Aaron Cloyd acloy001 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:43:53 GMT 2009

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried sourcing this:
  setenv ORBid omniORB4
  setenv ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::host:port/NameService
  setenv ORBgiopMaxMsgSize 160000000

And I get this error:
  CORBA::Exception Thrown: NO_RESOURCES
  Unable to get Naming Service

The ORBid and ORBgipMaxMsgSize get through fine. As soon as I add the
InitRef line back into the config file or the command line, it starts up
fine.

Bash is what's shown in the documentation that I saw, so I tried that too.
Did the same thing.

I also tried different different formats like these:
setenv ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::"host":"port"
setenv ORBInitRef corbaname::"host":"port"
setenv InitRef NameService=corbaname::"host":"port"/NameService

Thanks for any advice.