[omniORB] environment variables vs. config file

AaronCloyd acloy001 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:04:19 GMT 2009

I have my omniORB.cfg file setup properly with several parameters. I would
like to be able to set environment variables for all of the options instead.
I have been successful with all of these except one.

This is my current config file:
InitRef = NameService=corbaname::myHostName:myPort/NameService
id = omniORB4
giopMaxMsgSize = 160000000

I was able to set the ORBid and ORBgiopMaxMsgSize envars just fine. I was
not able to get an envar for ORBInitRef to work. Is this environment
variable supported? Is there a list of available envars or config file
options available somewhere?

The reason I want to do this, is because multiple users are running
omniNames on the same machine with different ports. It would be easy to set
this envar separately for each user. I would prefer not to have to pass this
through the command line.

Thanks for your time.