[omniORB] CosNaming::NamingContext::AlreadyBound& ex

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Mar 13 13:46:24 GMT 2009

On Friday 27 February, marecky wrote:

> I try to develop a small Win32 application using omniORB and Visual
> Studio 2008 (VS9) . I successfully finished a console
> application, but when I try to use the same stubs and skeletons in
> Win32 application I get an error from VC:
> "System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException","
> CosNaming::NamingContext::AlreadyBound at memory location..."
> In a code I can see, that this exception is managed, and I do not
> understand why is raised in Win32 project and not in console
> application. I attach the piece of code where it breaks:

It's probably due to mixing different exception handling modes. VC++
makes life really hard by offering several incompatible exception
handling systems. You must compile all your code with the same settings
used to compile omniORB itself. Ensure the compiler command line options
for your Win32 project are the same as those for the working console
application.