[omniORB] abstract class

Clarke Brunt clarke.brunt at trafficmaster.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 14:06:50 GMT 2009

> My omniidl gives me the following declarations for the _get/_set
functions:

>    virtual ::CORBA::Char get_char(::CORBA::UShort index) = 0;
>    virtual ::CORBA::Double get_double(::CORBA::UShort index) = 0;
>    virtual void set_char(::CORBA::Char c, ::CORBA::UShort index) = 0;
>    virtual void set_double(::CORBA::Double d, ::CORBA::UShort index) = 0;
>

> Look Ma, no underscores!

Well spotted! Those underscores evidently escaped the eyes of both myself
and Wernke. The original poster solved the problem (either by getting
omniidl to generate the examples, or by examining the definitions in the
generated header), but didn't actually say it was that was wrong before.

Some compilers/linkers add underscores, don't they? I wonder if perhaps some
previous error messages included the '_', and caused confusion.