[omniORB] Connected client IP address

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Fri Jun 5 11:42:20 BST 2009

Marco Ferreira wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Is there any way to grab the client IP that made the call to a method,
> in python?

Not through an official CORBA interface there isn't, that's one of the
levels of transparency CORBA attempts to provide.

Other than that, I don't know, I'm sure Duncan can point out a
reach-around...

<soapbox>
You really probably shouldn't do that anyway, you're just going to end
up losing some of the goodness that CORBA was meant to provide you with.

If you want to tell us what your real problem/use-case is then I'm sure
we'd be more than happy to consider a solution that might work and not
involve deep knowledge (well, deeper than CORBA provides) into the
underlying system you're running on.
</soapbox>