[omniORB] logging incoming requests

Peter Klotz peter.klotz at aon.at
Mon Jul 6 07:36:49 BST 2009

Hello Michael

>      > I was wondering if there is any existing mechanism in omniORB to
>     receive
>      > information about incoming requests
>     (module::interface::function::arguments)?
>      > We have existing logging framework and would like to log requests
>     in the order
>      > they are processed.
>
>     Have you looked at the traceInvocations and traceInvocationReturns
>     configuration parameters?  They log all calls, and you can override how
>     the log messages are output.
>

> Does not look like it is going to help me -- I need something more than
> just dump to stdout. I'll try variant with interceptors...

By using the Tracing API of omniORB you are able to define where you
would like the messages logged.

This text is taken from omniORB.pdf, section 4.2.1:

"Log messages can be sent somewhere other than stderr by registering a
logging function which is called with the text of each log message:"

Regards, Peter.