[omniORB] logging incoming requests

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Jul 2 10:36:06 BST 2009

On Wednesday 17 June, Michael Kilburn wrote:

> I was wondering if there is any existing mechanism in omniORB to receive
> information about incoming requests (module::interface::function::arguments)?
> We have existing logging framework and would like to log requests in the order
> they are processed.

Have you looked at the traceInvocations and traceInvocationReturns
configuration parameters?  They log all calls, and you can override how
the log messages are output.

What that doesn't do is log argument values, because in general you
can't do that if you don't know the types of the arguments.

> I spent 30 mins digging around omniORB code and found smth:
>
> - register serverReceiveRequest interceptor
[...]

You certainly could use that, and it would allow you to access the
arguments if you cast the call descriptor to the right omniidl-defined
type.