[omniORB] Debug problem

Martin Trappel 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Wed Jan 14 09:21:58 GMT 2009

Carsten.Agger at tieto.com wrote:
> I’ve made some changes in omniNames on Windows, and unsurprisingly I
> committed some mistake and the application crashes.

So you already know how to build omniNames in realease mode.

> So how do I debug it? As far as I can see, the “recommended” way is do
> set the parameter BuildDebugBinary and do a “make export”.

I have never needed to build omniORB myself yet, but you could try to
just run the release build under the debugger and see if you can find
the error that way.

>  (...)
>
> Is there something I should set to get the VC80.pdb? Or what is the
> recommended way to debug omniNames on Windows?

VC80.pdb is the default name for the program database file. See the
/Z[i|d|...] compiler switch.

br,
Martin