[omniORB] Debug problem

Carsten.Agger at tieto.com Carsten.Agger at tieto.com
Tue Jan 13 13:46:18 GMT 2009

I've made some changes in omniNames on Windows, and unsurprisingly I
committed some mistake and the application crashes.

So how do I debug it? As far as I can see, the "recommended" way is do
set the parameter BuildDebugBinary and do a "make export".

However, this breaks because there's no Python lib ending in "_d", so
omniidl.exe won't build. No sweat, I just copy the existing python lib
into "_d". However, now there's unresolved dependencies, apparently.

OK, now I try to bypass by going to the omniNames directory and do a
"make". This works, only I get a notice that there's no "VC80.pdb" and
therefore it will link as with no debug information.

Is there something I should set to get the VC80.pdb? Or what is the
recommended way to debug omniNames on Windows?

best regards and thanks in advance for any response,

Carsten Agger

Tieto Denmark