[omniORB] OmniORB and Java

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Jan 7 14:02:04 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 7 January, Abhishek Singhal wrote:

> I want to run the following two scenarios:-
>
> Case I:
>
> Client(C++) <-------> Naming Service <---------> Server(Java)

Clients don't talk to servers _through_ the naming service. It's more
like this:

           Naming Service
           /             \
          /               \
  Client(C++) <---------> Server(Java)

> I am using OmniORB on client side and Orbix on server side. Is it possible to
> interact with different ORB on the other end.

Yes, omniORB and Orbix will interoperate just fine.

> Case II:
>
> Client(Java) <-------> Naming Service <---------> Server(C++/Java)
>
> I want to keep the ORB's same for the client as Omni and Orbix for server. Is
> it possible to generate java files using Omni and use it on the client side?

No, omniORB is just for C++ code. But the whole point of CORBA is that
different CORBA implementations interoperate, so there's no problem.