[omniORB] Build options for local RPC calls

Preston, Ralph A. rpreston at mitre.org
Mon Jan 5 09:23:36 GMT 2009

Hello,

Does omniORB support building client/servers in the same address space and using local procedure calls in place of TCP RPC calls?  I've already written the code to run on separate machines but am able to deploy some clients and servers on the same machine. For performance reasons I'd like to build the co-located client/servers in one address space, without changing my code.  I believe there are build options which will enable the ORB to make local procedure calls but I can't find where I read this anywhere.

Thanks,

Ralph A. Preston
The MITRE Corporation
202 Burlington Road, MS E095