[omniORB] omniORB v.4.x.x with VC9

marecky m_are_k at o2.pl
Wed Feb 18 11:32:38 GMT 2009

Hello all
I am new, so please be patient.
I would like to ask for help in a following situation:
Configuration : omniORB v.4.x.x with VS9  (VS 2008) Language:  VC++

Problem:
I try to implement a basic client-server application which uses CORBA
technology.
Server waits client's request for actual time.
Server starts correctly, I obtain a stringified IOR id, which I use as a
parameter for the client.
When I launch client, I obtain "Uncaught CORBA exception" and client stops.
In a VS output view I see:
First-chance exception at 0x7c812aeb in Example_Client.exe: Microsoft
C++ exception: omni::giopStream::CommFailure at memory location 0x0012fb50..
First-chance exception at 0x7c812aeb in Example_Client.exe: Microsoft
C++ exception: CORBA::TRANSIENT at memory location 0x0012fcf8..
Using debugger and "cout" in a few lines of program I realized, that
exception occurs at the moment of call to a function I defined in
interface. Did you meet a similar problem? Please write if any
additional information is neccessary.
Thank you in advance.
MC