[omniORB] [omniORB 4.1.0] -ORBoneCallPerConnection 0 does not work?

Michael Kilburn crusader.mike at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:15:52 GMT 2009

Duncan,

> I have tried to use -ORBoneCallPerConnection 0 option to ensure that
> server
> > multiplexes requests to nameserv on the same connection. But tests showed
> that
> > it does not work -- each new call to my server that reslts in request to
> > namingservice is creating new TCP connection.
>
> You need to also set -ORBmaxGIOPConnectionPerServer to 1, otherwise
> omniORB will prefer to open multiple connections to a server rather than
> multiplexing calls.

Thanks! It would be nice though if documentation had a bit of emphasize on
this -- it is not exactly clear that I also need to set
ORBmaxGIOPConnectionPerServer to 1.

Btw, those problem we had with ORBacus nameserv were due to some Java
applications that on regular basis were creating new ORB instance, connect
to nameserver, but never shutdown/destroy that instance. :-)

--
Sincerely yours,
Michael.