[omniORB] [omniORB 4.1.0] -ORBoneCallPerConnection 0 does not work?

Michael Kilburn crusader.mike at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:52:31 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have a CORBA server that talks to NamingService (in a function that is
invoked by client). I have noticed that for each simultaneously executed
client my server opens TCP connection to name_server. It turned to be a
headache, because (as it was discovered after few days of investigations)
our very old nameserv (ORBacus) locks up when number of connections reaches
512 (some synchronization issue, I guess). I.e. short burst of activity on
my server was killing nameserv.

I have tried to use -ORBoneCallPerConnection 0 option to ensure that server
multiplexes requests to nameserv on the same connection. But tests showed
that it does not work -- each new call to my server that reslts in request
to namingservice is creating new TCP connection. I have also compiled
omniNames -- result is the same.

What I am doing wrong? Should I set any other option(s)?

--
Sincerely yours,
Michael.