[omniORB] [Q] AMI (messaging) for OmniOrb

V S P toreason at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 5 17:59:48 GMT 2009

I saw in '06 archives that Async Message Interface for OmniOrb has been
in consideration.
Has this been implemented (or may be in latests source archives)?

Also if it is not available
is DII's send_deferred the only available way to achive this?

Will I get an exception in the client if the server is down?
( I read that using send_oneway is not going to provide that).

I read in my Avanced Corba C++ book that to use Dynamic Invocation
I have to have Interface repository, but I saw in OmniORB example of
the echo service that it is not needed, is that are more or less
standard way that omniOrb deals with DII?

I like the ability to have C++ and Python corba servers, however I I
need
the non-blocking calls that apparently only supported by TAO ORB.

How do people do the non blocking client server and server/server
communications
with omniOrb

( I am finally getting my corba vocabulary down, I think :-) )

thanks in advance,
Vlad

--
  V S P