[omniORB] BAD_TYPECODE: Java <--> Python

EntonH entonh at gmx.de
Wed Feb 4 06:18:51 GMT 2009

Hello Community,

i want to use the omniORB implementation for Python to communicate with a
server that was programmed in Java.
The return type of the called Java-Method is a Object[]. Everytime I call
this method, I receive the BAD_TYPECODE Error.

In the IDL file the method is declared as follows:
any getVariable(in string Name)raises(Exception);

The any instance on java side inherits from
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.AnyImpl which inherits from
org.omg.CORBA.Any.

The any data type on java side is filled with
insertObjectArray(org.omg.CORBA.Any a, Object[] objArray).

Do i have to cast the return type before i assign it to a variable on python
client side?

Or is python or omniPy not compatible to the java plugin?

Greetings
EntonH