[omniORB] Error getting POA Manager

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Dec 7 17:55:42 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 05:46 -0800, Marin Bogdan wrote:

> Please provide me informations about how can I post on omniORB list.
> My email address is : marin.bogdan at yahoo . com

You have posted on the omniORB list...

[...]
> _rootPOAManager = _rootPOA->the_POAManager();   // <--- here it
> crashes on operator  =

[...]
> _rootPoaManager si declared as:

> PortableServer::POAManager_var _rootPOAManager;

Where is that declared?  Is it somewhere global?  From the stack trace
you post, it looks like it's a static in a DLL. Have you done the
necessary things to export it from the DLL?  If you don't follow the
inconvenient DLL export / import rules, Windows helpfully sets the
pointer to an invalid location, and the code blows up like this.