[omniORB] Failure to connect on Windows 2008 Server

Mike Richmond mike.richmond at globalgraphics.com
Wed Aug 26 18:21:05 BST 2009

I'm seeing a problem whereby tcpAddress::Connect() fails because
getpeername() fails with error 10057 (WSAENOTCONN).  This is after
connect() has returned 10035 (WSAEWOULDBLOCK) and select() has
returned 1.  I see the error when using omniORB 4.1.3, but not with
omniORB 4.1.0.

Also I am only seeing this problem on one machine, which is running
Windows 2008 Server.  Another Windows 2008 Server machine is OK, as
are machines with other Windows OSes.  A possibly significant
property of the problem machine is that it has a 6to4 IPv6 address,
which AIUI Windows assigns because the machine has a public IPv4
address.  Might that be causing the problem?  Any thoughts on a fix?

Mike Richmond
Global Graphics Software Ltd