[omniORB] Re: omniorbpy narrow problem (NameService Problem?)

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Aug 21 16:48:08 BST 2009

On Saturday 22 August, Manuel Iglesias wrote:

> Finally I get to do the connection, but now I am getting a OBJECT_NOT_EXIST
> exception.

The TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed you had before means that the naming service
isn't running, so the client is unable to connect.

The trace you've posted shows that the error is now that you have
configured your client to listen on port 2809, which is the naming
service port. (The endPoint of giop:tcp:128.0.0.1:2809.)  That means
that when it tries to talk to the naming service, it is actually talking
to itself, and of course there is no root naming context in your client
code, so it tells you that the object does not exist.

Are you running omniNames?  It looks like you are not.