[omniORB] omniORB slow transfer when clientCallTimeOutPeriod != 0

Sampo Ahokas sampo.ahokas at openttcn.fi
Tue Aug 11 14:18:09 BST 2009

Hi,

Igor Lautar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I know this doesn't help much, but just to let you know I can confirm we
>> have seen something very similar. Client connections sometimes just hang
>> like you described.
>>

> <cut>
>
> Have you been investigating other solution (workarounds), like before
> mentioned timeout for outgoing calls?

We thought about the timeout, but it's not really applicable to us.
There's just no way of knowing how long the call takes.

In our case this problem seemed to only occur when the server died or
had to be terminated unexpectedly and thus the we decided to put the
effort simply into making the server as robust as possible.

Best regards,
Sampo