[omniORB] omniORBpy Exception exceptions.AttributeError

Kyle Dunn kyle.dunn at email.ucdenver.edu
Mon Apr 27 16:37:07 BST 2009

I am attempting to resolve two references to different CORBA C++ servants
using the following code:

    def resolveCameraImplRef(self):
        name = [CosNaming.NameComponent(BRAIN_NAME,""),
                CosNaming.NameComponent(CAMERA_NAME,"")]
        try:
          cameraObj = self.manager.rootContextExt.resolve(name)
        except:
          printDebug( "Problem resolving Camera object name in
initCorbaOrb().cameraClientInit()" )
          sys.exit(1)

        client = cameraObj._narrow(gri._objref_Camera)
        if client is None:
          printDebug( "Problem narrowing cameraObj to a GRI::Camera in
initCorbaOrb().cameraClientInit()" )
          sys.exit(1)
        else:
          return client

    def resolvePanoramaImplRef(self):
        name = [CosNaming.NameComponent(BRAIN_NAME,""),
                CosNaming.NameComponent("Panorama","")]
        try:
          panoramaObj = self.manager.rootContextExt.resolve(name)
        except:
          printDebug( "Problem resolving Panorama object name in
initCorbaOrb().panoramaClientInit()" )
          sys.exit(1)

        panoramaClient = panoramaObj._narrow(gri._objref_Panorama)
        if client is None:
          printDebug( "Problem narrowing panoramaObj to a GRI::Panorama in
initCorbaOrb().panoramaClientInit()" )
          sys.exit(1)
        else:
          return client

Before I added the clientImplRef code I was able to make calls to the C++
servant handling the panorama object. Now I can successfully resolve
references to the camera object but when the panorama is being reolved I
receive this:

Problem resolving Panorama object name in
initCorbaOrb().panoramaClientInit()
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "_objref_Panorama instance has no
attribute '_Object__release'" in <bound method _objref_Panorama.__del__ of
<gri._objref_Panorama instance at 0xb79e3c6c>> ignored

If I need to provide more code please let me know. I don't know how to
decipher the error I'm receiving.

Cheers,

Kyle Dunn