[omniORB] Optimizing the roundtrip-time of function calls?

Oliver Frick fff033-un at yahoo.de
Sat Apr 25 22:52:35 BST 2009

How can I optimize a function call's roundtrip time?
I have measured the up-call and return time of a corba
call between two processes on the same host.
The result is always that the up-call time is much smaller
than the return time. The ratio is typically 1/5,
sometimes 1/100 or more.
The function is rather simple, it has no arguments
(or two longs; I added them for testing) and always two
longs in a returned struct.

If the ORB is able to up-call the other object in, say
150 usec, why does it need 1.5 msec to return? Can I
reduce the return time by configuring omniorb?

Oliver Frick