[omniORB] OpenVMS problem

Bruce Visscher bruce.visscher at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:20:03 BST 2009

>> > Recently I have discovered a problem on the OpenVMS platform that only occurs
>> > in omniORB 4(12).  It did not occur in omniORB 2 or 3.
>> >
>> > Occasionally, a server will display the following:
>> >
>> > omniORB: Error return from select(). errno = 65535
>> > omniORB: Unrecoverable error for this endpoint: giop:tcp:xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxxx, it
>> > will no longer be serviced.
>>
>> Does it work if you modify the code to just carry on if you get that
>> error?  i.e. duplicate the way it handles EBADF.

I tried this and it seems to work just fine.  I am not quite up to
speed on the omniORB internals as I used to be.  Is there a situation
that could validly occur where a socket is closed in a different
thread but not yet removed from the list?  If that is the case then
treating this as EBADF would seem to be the right thing to do.

Thanks,

Bruce