[omniORB] strange behavior of '_this()' method

Michael Kilburn crusader.mike at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 02:01:53 BST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Michael <omniorb at bindone.de> wrote:

> > :-) Sorry, it won't work here -- we have a very large in-house product
> that
> > is under constant development for last 10 (or maybe 15?) years. About
> every
> > month or two we have a new release. People come and go regularly, and I
> am
> > just one of them. We are saved by the fact that product is
> single-threaded
> > (on purpose) and not many want to touch communication layer (that uses
> > CORBA)...
> >
> Hmmm, now I'm really curious what product you're actually working on...

Bit off-topic...

It is deals & risk management system in investment bank -- essentially huge
CORBA server (idl's are measured in megabytes) + various frontends (python,
.NET, VB) (answer to obvious question -- we are doing very well in this time
of crisis, esp in comparison with Wall Street :-D) Funniest poroblem --
people keep adding new functionality (it is easy), but to change or fix
existing one -- equivalent of open heart surgery

--
Sincerely yours,
Michael.