[omniORB] Remote method blocks

Masaaki Sekiya sekiya at ydc.co.jp
Thu Oct 30 19:46:33 GMT 2008

Hi

I'm migrating from the omniORB 3.0.4 to 4.1.3 (patched).
It almost works fine but I noticed a significant difference.
If the corba server doesn't exit , client remote method invokation
blocks.
And while it's blocking, CPU consumption grows significantly.
With omniORB 3.0.4, remote method invokation threw COMM_FAILURE
exception.
Is it a right behavior in omniORB 4.1.3 ?

With the omniORB echo example, it also occurs.

In the condition that there is no omniNames in remote hostA
( If hostA is localhost , eg3_clt throws TRANSIENT exception )
eg3_clt -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaname::hostA:2809
   ==> BLOCKS

In the condition that there is no eg2_impl in remote hostA (eg2_impl
output IOR)
./eg2_clt IOR
   ==> BLOCKS

My environments is below.