[omniORB] transient servant objects

Martin Trappel 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Wed Oct 15 15:23:32 BST 2008

Bjørn Kristian Larsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the problem that my servant objects gets transient. It appears to
> happen only after many connections. Where should I start looking?
>
> I am using omniORB 4.1.2 running on linux/GNU and fedora5.
> I am using "callback" objects and all default orb-init except:
> TransportRule = * tcp
> CalltimeOutPeriod = 3000
>
> ANY help is appreciated...

When you say "transient" do you mean that the client is unable to
contact or that the server objects have disappeared? Do you get a
TRANSIENT for the callback objects or for a "server" object?

When you can reliably reproduce the faulty behavior you may want to
start enabling logging (both, inside your app(s) and omniORB:
traceLevel, traceExceptions, traceTime) and check what is the root cause
of the TRANSIENT exception.

br,
Martin