[omniORB] Question about ORB configuration

Thomas Zumbiehl zumbiehl at bvassociates.fr
Thu Nov 27 11:12:22 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am currently facing problems about configuring the ORB for performance issues.
First, I need to explain the context :
GUI client ---- Server A ---- Server B
CLI client ----- |

I have a number of servers B, which are only connected to server A. Server A is "only" relaying requests to differents servers B.
Server A has also a set of GUI and CLI clients that connects to it to make requests, that will be relayed to the servers B.
All connexions are defined to be bidirectionnals.

My problems occurs when I have quite a lot of requests comming at the same time (about 100). Sometimes, my server A seems to be bloqued, even at the ORB level, sometimes, it is the server B that is bloqued, sometimes, the client have a CORBA exception thrown when sending a _non_existent request to the server A, which in fact should never occur, as the server is running. The only thing is that the server might have a lot of threads ongoing...
Well, I am quite lost with the configuration issue I should set on my servers A and B to let them talk together (to do some polling), and to be also able to provide service for many requests at the same time.

Could any one provide me some information on some kind of "standard" configurations depending on the performance/availability ratio expected from the server.
As a server is also a client from another server, is there some special configuration needed ?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Thomas

Thomas Zumbiehl
Chef de Projet Développement