[omniORB] Remote method blocks

Masaaki Sekiya sekiya at ydc.co.jp
Tue Nov 4 17:02:27 GMT 2008

Hi Duncan.

Duncan wrote:
> No, it's not what's meant to happen, and it doesn't happen for me.
>
> Why you say 4.1.3 (patched), what patch?
>
> What do you see if you run with -ORBtraceLevel 25 ?

I've patched socketcollection.patch , which was sent by Duncan on 24 Oct.

I run eg2clt with -ORBtraceLevel 25 in 3 cases as below.

1. ServerObject exists in the remote host (10.21.161.27)  omniORB4.1.3
   -> eg2clt works fine.
2. ServerObject doesn't exist in the remote host          omniORB4.1.3
   -> eg2clt blocks
3. ServerObject doesn't exist in the remote host          omniORB4.1.2
   -> eg2clt throws COMM_FAILURE exception

I noticed the difference 2. and 3.
In the log of 3, "AsyncInvoker: " is output before "Client attempt to
connect to",
in the log of 2, "AsyncInvoker: " is output after  "Client attempt to
connect to".
Does it have something with blocking behavior ?

I attaches 3 logs and gdb trace while eg3clt is blocking.
1. is eg2clt_ok.4.1.3.log
2. is eg2clt_ng.4.1.3.log
3. is eg2clt_ng.4.1.2.log
gdb trace is gdb_trace.log