[omniORB] Symbol conflicts on Mac OS X

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Wed Mar 12 12:18:13 GMT 2008

>  My C++ application (on Mac OS X version 10.4.11) makes use of omni
>  ORB (4.1.0) and Mico (2.3.12)  shared libraries.  Omni ORB libraries
>  are dependencies of a static library(X.a) linked into the application
>  and mico libraries are dependencies of a dynamically loaded shared
>  library(Y.dylib).

I wouldn't expect either omniORB *or* Mico to be happy with another ORB
implementation in the same executable. Why use both in the same
application? In my (simple) test cases one can compile against one or
the other with fairly minor changes in #include statements to get the
right header files, and you can use the same source code for both by
testing for which ORB is being compiled using an #ifdef.

hth

                          - Tom