[omniORB] Failover with Solaris IPMP

Wernke Zur Borg wernke.zur.borg at vega.de
Fri Mar 7 11:47:45 GMT 2008

Solaris offers a failover feature called IPMP where a virtual IP address
is used to address one or the other of two physical interfaces.

For a CORBA application this means that the virtual address must be
published to clients but the ORB must listen on the two real interfaces.
Since I cannot easily test this scenario (it is still being investigated
and has not been implemented yet), I would like to have my statements
confirmed for omniORB 4.0.6:

I would specify two options:

(i) endPointNoPublish = giop:tcp:::
(ii) endPointNoListen = giop:tcp:<vip>:

(i) will cause the ORB to listen on all real interfaces, whereas (ii)
would cause the virtual IP address <vip> to be published in IORs.

Am I correct that it should work this way?

Thanks for any responses.

Wernke