[omniORB] OmniOrb & Linux kernel versions

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Mar 7 10:14:46 GMT 2008

On Thursday 6 March, "Solomon, Howie" wrote:

> I'm investigating adding OmniOrb to a legacy
> embedded board with a 2.4.26 Linux kernel.
>
> I am wondering if there is a place to find
> answers to the following questions:
>
> Does the latest release version of OmniOrb work
> with a Linux 2.4.26 kernel?

I believe the latest release, version 4.1.2, will work fine, although I
have not tried it myself. If you compile it on a more modern machine,
you may find that you need to give the --disable-ipv6 flag to the
configure script to prevent it trying to use IPv6 interfaces.

Let me know if it works. If not, I'm sure it can easily be made to work.