[omniORB] Receiving Number of Clients Connected to CORBA Server

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Jun 27 16:49:04 BST 2008

On Tuesday 24 June, Stefan Walter wrote:

> I would like to get the information at runtime, how many clients are
> connected to my Server via CORBA.
>
> Is there any method to get the number of clients connected and maybe
> additional their IP Adress and other details?

Clients can disconnect at any time, and reconnect later on demand. You
can't use the currently connected set of clients to understand anything
about the set of clients that are currently in a position to interact
with the server.

With that caveat, you can get hold of some information about clients
using a serverReceiveRequest interceptor. You have to dig into the
internal omniORB structures to get hold of things like client IP
addresses. Take a look at the data structures available in the
interceptors and you should be able to figure it out.