[omniORB] Name service problems

Roger wenham Roger.Wenham at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 14:46:21 BST 2008

Hi,

I am having problems with omniNames stopping for no apparent reason.

This happens about once a week, on various Solaris machines.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour, if so, I would be grateful for any pointers
on how to go about debugging this.

The start command looks like this
/opt/omniORB/bin/omniNames -errlog /opt/log/omniName.log

There are no errors to be found in the omniName.log.

A second question is: When I re-start the name server after an error, it has of course
forgotten all the names registered with it. I have searched the documentation for the
way to make the name server non volatile, but have found nothing so far.

Can some kind soul enlighten me please...

Thanks in advance

Roger